Thursday, October 15, 2009

TO BEAT OR NOT TO BEAT!

I NEED NEW HEADPHONES! my previous pair broke last week and I have been headphone-less since then. As many of you may know I LOVE to listen to music so not having headphones or a car or a speaker system in my room is rather painful. Listening to music on my laptop speakers just doesn't cut it. Not only am I not able to listen to music, I also cannot MAKE music. For me to properly make beats and listen to what I have recorded I need headphones so that I can get the sounds right. I am a perfectionist when it comes to making beats/music so NOT BEING ABLE TO LISTEN TO MY SHIT IS PISSING ME OFF!


Now to the point of this post.
WHAT SHOULD I BUY?!?!?!
Should I invest the $250 dollars and buy some Beats by Dr. Dre? Probably the best over the head studio headphones out right now. OR should I get the Klipsh S4 in ear headphones for $80 dollars?

I'm hesitant on the Beats because I wanna listen to music on the way to class and while walking around but because it is now winter and raining like a beezy so the risk of the over the ear headphones being damaged is greater. Also just them getting damaged in general while travelling with me is higher than in ear headphones. Thus the Klipsh's seem like the better option.
Another reason to get the Klipsh's is that even 6 months before they were released to the public they were the top rated in-ear headphones around. They were just released last month and are still the top rated in-ears you can get for pretty cheapsies. The issue with them is that they are in ear so you do sacrifice some sound quality and also if I drag these around with me everywhere in my pocket like I do with all of my other in-ear phones then they will probably only last me 6 months or so. UGH

SO the question is: 80 bucks for a 6 month investment but more convenience? Or $250 for the best shit out there but less convenience?

I know this isn't a real post, but I really cannot figure out what I want to do haha. Also my drum instructor job, which would be bringing in about 120-150 dollars a week, is still up in the air because the 2 families called saying that I am second on their list of instructors because I don't have teaching experience. However they did like me and my lesson plans a lot so they are trying out one of the other guys for 2 weeks and will call me back. -___________- lame but still nice of them to let me know. Probably helped that I was so honest with them in my interview. CROSS YOU'RE FINGERS FOR ME because if I get this job then the money problem with buying the Beats is solved hahaha.

7 comments:

Neri said...

if you ask my man michael jackson you know what he'll tell you...
Just invest in a good case and a dry jacket first then buy beats lol

Paulina said...

I'd say the beats. Get a really big hood!

Andy Varshneya said...

real talk fam, buy the beats, but use them at home ONLY. they're studio headphones so treat them as such.

you don't need amazing sound quality when you're on the bus or walking around on campus, so just buy $20 headphones, like the ipod ones. you can probably even steal your moms while you're at home haha

PAYCE!

said...

I'm crossing my fingers for you!!
Because we all know having more money solves all problems...

admin said...

get the real entertainment........

http://www.mymusicnmedia.com/?p=228

dodo said...

I do music myself and have found myself in that position, and I have to say it is the same for me. Listening to music in laptop speakers just doesn't cut it for me, and I need headphones to get my stuff how I want it to sound.

Much as I would love a pair of monster beats myself, I would not wanna take them around with me and get them damaged with me.

It all depends if you are just wanting the headphones to produce your beats at home, or if you just want the headphones purely to listen to the music. If you want to use them to produce the music then you are going to want someflat response headphones anyway, which I know, Dr Dre's Monster Beats does have a range also that are flat line response for studio use. Is your Studio in your place or do you go to another studio?

Personally, I have Seinheizer flat response headphones which were about £100 cheaper than Monster Beats. I had to go with saving the money, but for studio purposes either would be great. For listening is another matter, and as I had to save money etc a friend actually bought me some seinheizer bassy headphones for a present just for listening to music in. And considering they were only £40 they are amazing quality to be honest. I think pretty much nearly every man and his dog wants a pair of Monster Beats but not every man and his dog can afford them! I know that they would be great though, but I would have the same problem with not wanting them to get damaged, so, you know, if I did buy a pair of them, it would be only to use at home only anyway, because no way would I want them getting damaged or hi jacked!

dodo said...

lol paulina, I wanted the Tron ones, but they ain't got no more of them anymore. They only made so many in that range :( I think they should make more of the Tron ones!


Blogger Templates by Isnaini Dot Com. Supported by ArchiThings.Powered by Blogger