Monday, September 29, 2008

College parties are so overrated

i fucking am already tired of partying. i only went out 3 times this week. i know that may seem like "wow 3 times, thats alot" specially for some1 like me haha. BUT compared to some ppl that ive met here its nothing. they partied all 7 nights. WTF.

last night i went to a party at SigEp, one of the frats close to cuarto. I went with some ppl i had met at orientation. Once i got in we went straight to the "line" for drinks, more like a mob of crazed teens trying to get free booze. I got myself a drink and made my way to the dance floor. i danced with a couple of girls (THEY SUCKED AT DANCING) and i got quite bored. after 2 more drinks i was not buzzed, not having fun, and NOT happy. I realized how much i missed having close connections with the people i know. Im not against partying or drinking or smoking or anything, but id rather do that with ppl i know well who i can just chill with. I really dont find the thought of going out and getting completely shitfaced and then dancing with random ppl to try and hook up with them very appealing. so after getting completely bored out of my mind at this party i started feeling depressed and decided that i wanted to leave. luckily i met richa and a group of her friends who were pretty chill so i left with them. they really wanted to head over to another party but i really wasnt down with that. so i met up with ishan and darian and went and smoked hookah outside their dorm. after a while richa came by and we all just talked about random stuff and THAT was actually fun. just chillin.

again it really doesnt help that im not living in the dorms but i just dont think i will find anyone who is willing to make a lasting friendship. of course im prbly saying this just cuz im not in a good mood but i really did, and still kind of do, feel that way. Tim, and katherine told me stories today that really didnt boost my confidence in this whole new college friendships deal either. UGH.

so yah after feeling like crap all night last night i got to chill with katherine at lunch and we were just talking and remembering home and then we walked over to richas and just sat around chatting for almost 3 hours. it was nice. afterwards tim came over and he and i biked katherine over to the library then he and i went and played NFL BLITZ at his dorm haha. came home. ate some food. did some hw. and then watched arrested development for pretty much the rest of day.

i was pleasantly interrupted by mama shei on tokbox and she was telling me about how she felt as well and it turns out we were both feeling exactly the same way for the exactly the same reason. so yah. then arjun joined our chat and so did kevin and we had fun making fun of him =P. later p dao and phat nat also joined and we were all acting pretty dumb as we do when we are all around eachother haha. talked to chery, rj, crystal after that which was also fun. I REALLY WANNA VISIT THEM, GOD.

i am going home next weekend to say bye to my grandparents so ill get to chill with some MVers and arjun which will be awesome.

other than that nothing new.
oh no wait went to the womens volleyball game which was epicly fun cept we lost =( even though we won the first to sets UGH. oh well. kinda sad that i may miss the first home football game cuz ill be at home but meh, as michael bluth always says "family first" lol (everyone should watch "arrested development" on hulu.com i JUSt finished all 3 seasons today. now i know why kathy wrote FOX a letter when they cancelled that show hehe).

Meher

ps i love all my friends soo much i though about everyone SOO much last night haha. cant wait to see some of you in the next couple of weeks and the rest of you during thanksgiving =)

4 comments:

chery said...

SIGH. i miss that real quality that we all possess so well. ):
and i miss people laughing at my stupid jokes!!!!!!!

Crystal said...

I FEEL YA HOMESKILLET.
kathy says it gets better
I HOPE SOOO

Paulina said...

wait, you're coming home this weekend? me too!

said...

I SO know what you mean.

College partying is pretty much over-glorified and at the end of the day all I see is a sticky floor that has to be swiffered. ISSSSS STICKAYYY.

I think that you almost have to act differently in college because you realize that people don't understand you if you don't start from square one.

And square. one. SUCKS.

I saw this post and I miss you.


Blogger Templates by Isnaini Dot Com. Supported by ArchiThings.Powered by Blogger